How to treat a Loss of Libido in Men - Male Sexual Health & Wellness
Millions of Men are Faced with Loss of Sex Drive and Symptoms of ED - Erectile Dysfunction
Many treatment options exist to help men increase sexual desire, performance and function.
Solutions for Low Libido in Men. Loss of sex drive is normal as a man gets older especially after the age of 35, and certainly in many men over the age of 50. As you approach 40 years of age you will begin to notice a gradual decrease in your sex drive. With age, your libido will decline and symptoms of ED or erectile dysfunction will start to appear. At first weaker and softer erections will be noticed. Then less frequent sex becomes common as desires decreases over time. The degree and speed of testosterone decline varies with lifestyle and health considerations. Alcohol, smoking, prescription drugs, obesity, and other age-related health problems like diabetes can impact libido. While most men maintain at least some amount of sexual interest as they age, a lack of ability to maintain an erection can make sexual relations and intimacy difficult.
When loss of sex drive is related to an underlying health condition, treating the health condition can help. Loss of testosterone also known as hypogonadism or Andropause which is the most common male endocrine disorder can also be a major factor in lost libido and erectile dysfunction. Sexual health issues can cause depression and added stress often contribute to ED symptoms and further exacerbate loss of sex drive in men. In addition to reduced sexual desire, most men contact their physician with complaints of fatigue, irritability, mood swings, hot flashes and weight gain. If you have lost your desire or ability to have sex, contact the Sexual Health and Wellness experts at the Men's Medical Health Center - 888-663-1777 or fill out the How to Boost My Sex Drive Info Form.
Prescription drugs can be a major contributor to reduced sex drive in men. As men get older and have other medical health problems which require prescription medications, loss of sex drive may be a medication side effect. If you're concerned about loss of sex drive especially if it is negatively impacting your personal relationship, or the reduction in libido is sudden, consult your doctor or call our Men's Health Center at 888-663-1777.
Our Male Hormone Specialists will take a detailed medical history from you, help schedule a laboratory blood test and physical exam to help determine what's causing the loss of your sex drive and other erectile symptoms. Once the underlying medical health factors are identified, your doctor can diagnose and recommend the best treatment options for you.
If loss of sex drive or erectile dysfunction is related to stress or depression, psychotherapy alone or in combination with antidepressant medication may help. Some medical conditions, such as obesity and obstructive sleep apnea, can cause an unusually low testosterone level, and treatment can return your testosterone level and sex drive to normal. If no medical health condition or disease is found but rather hormone imbalance or deficiency exists, then treatment options may include testosterone replacement therapy. If a certain medication is contributing to loss of sex drive, your doctor may be able to suggest an alternate prescription drug. Insufficient free testosterone levels can cause lowered libido and ED. Men in particular have a hard time discussing sexual health problems like impotence with their doctors but effective treatments are often available for a loss of sex drive, so it's worth it to have an open and honest talk with your doctor.
Solutions for Low Libido in Men
Erectile Injection Solutions, Vasoactive Agents, Erectile Pills or Powder Solutions
Erectile Injection Therapy using vasoactive agents can be given as a single erectile drug shot using prostaglandin E-1, as a BiMix or a bimixture of phentolamine and papaverine, a multi-erectile drug mixture such as a TriMix or trimixture of phentolamine, papaverine, and prostaglandin E1 or a quadmixture of phentolamine, papaverine, prostaglandin E1 and atropine.
Conditions and treatments related to sexual desire treatments, infertility treatments, male infertility treatments, antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction treatments in men include prescription drug solutions as well as natural supplement solutions. Below we discuss in detail some of the medical solutions used to increase libido in men or effectively treat ED.
What is the P Shot? The Priapus Injection Helps Men with ED (Male Impotence)
The P-Shot® also known as the Priapus Shot uses a natural process to restore better function to the penis and can also help with increasing penile sensitivity, strength and firmness. To learn more about how this treatment can help with improving men's sexual health, visit the section on the P-shot - The P-Shot for Men's Sexual Health
What is TriMix Injection Therapy for ED?
TriMix is a Penile Injectable Medication for Erectile Dysfunction.
It is similar in concept to using Tri-Blend Testosterone injection therapy for treating Low T.
Trimix is an injectable comprised of three Vasoactive Agent / PDE5 inhibitor drugs prescribed as an impotence medication used to treat erectile dysfunction.
TriMix Injections are a formulation that is often prescribed by urology doctors and endocrine physicians for the purposes of helping male patients with Erectile Dysfunction (ED).
Trimix injections are part of the potential treatment options used to relieve erectile symptoms and enhance sexual performance.
The active erectile ingredients in the mixture are usually alprostadil, papaverine, and phentolamine.
Papaverine is clinically known as Papaverine hydrochloride, Prostaglandin E1 is used in Edex and Pfizer's Caverject Impulse® Injections.
Phentolamine is used in Regitine and OraVerse erectile solutions.
What is BiMix for ED?
Bimix is another Penile Injectable Medication for Erectile Dysfunction Bimix Injection therapy is an effective treatment option for patients with a success rate as high as 87% to 93%. Bimix is usually prescribed as a bimixture of phentolamine and papaverine.
PDE5 Inhibitors are effective for Boosting Male Libido
Avanafil is a PDE5 inhibitor approved for erectile dysfunction by the FDA. Avanafil® is known by the trademark names Stendra® and Spedra® and was developed by Vivus Inc. Keep in mind that Tri-Mix is not an FDA approved therapy for androgen deficiency and to simply to boost libido, but is discussed here because it is one of the treatment options that may come up as you search for erectile dysfunction solutions. Trimix Injection is a prescription compound comprised of three drugs: Alprostadil, Phentolamine and Papaverine and is usually compounded by a licensed pharmacy in a variety of customized strengths to meet a particular patient's individual needs. Other ED and sex drive enhancing drugs are Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Cialis), Vardenafil (Levitra), Udenafil, Dipyridamole, Vardenafil and Dapoxetine. If low testosterone levels is causing symptoms of erectile dysfunction, then testosterone may be required to increase libido, fix low T and treat male impotence symptoms. Read more about how you repair Low T - Fix Low T with Testosterone Repair Treatment
Some antidepressants, blood thinning prescription drugs, and anti-seizure medications also can cause low sex drive in men and women. If you have a persistent or recurrent lack of interest in sex or lost libido, you may have hypoactive sexual desire disorder, male androgen deficiency in men and in women FSD, also referred to as female sexual disorder or arousal disorder.
Treating the symptoms of low testosterone can be extremely challenging for both physician and patient. Learn more about Testosterone Treatment for Men
At times, it can make you feel helpless and depressed. Feeling tired all day with no energy or interest to do the things you easily used to do can have a big impact on the quality of your life.
But there is no reason why you should give in to this debilitating health condition when you have a number of safe natural and medical options to treat it effectively.
Low T, also known as Andropause or Hypogonadism, can be treated in a number of ways, natural remedies and lifestyle changes being some of the most healthy means of treating this male health problem. So, it’s time to examine of your low testosterone situation and look up the ways in which you can treat low T naturally. If your levels of this essential male sex hormone are extremely low, then a medical treatment program known as TRT or Testosterone Replacement Therapy using prescription androgen drugs like testosterone injections may be an effective treatment option for you. Discover the effects and results of Testosterone Before and After Therapy - Before and After Results of Testosterone
In middle-aged or older men experiencing age-related decreases in testosterone, symptoms may include low energy, depressed mood, low sex drive, and erectile dysfunction (ED or impotence). It's natural for testosterone levels to decline as men age, but sometimes low testosterone can cause symptoms ranging from low sex drive to depression.
Tip#1: Stay in Good Shape - Exercise
- Research shows that men with muscle have more testosterone and obese men have more estrogen in their system. Low testosterone with high estrogen can contribute to loss of libido and erectile dysfunction. If you are overweight, lose weight to help increase your natural testosterone levels. Men who are obese have a 60% higher chance of secreting a low volume of semen. This can lead to many symptoms of low testosterone like erectile dysfunction.
- In addition to this, obese men can also suffer from sperm abnormalities and perhaps fertility issues.
You can maintain your fitness levels with a minutes of 20 to 30 minutes of exercise daily. Regular workouts can go a long way in promoting your overall health and not just your low T problem.
Tip#2: Get a minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep each and every night
- A good night’s sleep is directly linked to optimal testosterone and HGH levels. Human Growth Hormone is at its peak during sleep as well. Learn more about HGH (the human growth hormone).
- A study conducted by the University of Chicago showed that men who slept for about 5 hours or less on a regular basis suffered a drop in testosterone levels by 10-15%.
So, try to get at least 6 -8 hours of solid sleep every night.
Tip#3: Follow a high testosterone diet comprised of healthful portions of meat and proteins
- It is imperative to follow a well planned diet to increase the level of testosterone in your body.
- Certain medications, supplements and foods can help to deal with the symptoms of low testosterone. These include:
- Whole grains
- Dairy products
- Sea Foods
- On the other hand, certain foods that promote an increase in estrogen are better avoided. If you have low testosterone, try not to have:
- Soy Products and phytoestrogen-containing foods like Flax
- Foods low in Vitamin A
- Vitamin D deficient foods
Tip#4: Limit your alcohol intake and don't smoke
Research shows that too much of alcohol consumption can have a negative impact on testosterone levels. So it is best if you restrict the amount of alcohol if you have a low T problem. Smoking can rob your body of essential vitamins and nutrients that support androgen production.
Tip #5: Reduce your contact with environmental estrogens
Forms of estrogen can be found in tap water, BPA, petroleum based products, detergents, cosmetics, furniture and carpeting chemicals, and on food from agriculture chemicals like pesticides. Xenoestrogen is a chemical which acts like estrogen (the female hormone) in the body and are aslo known as endocrine disrupters. If you are exposed to excessive Xenoestrogen, your testosterone levels can reduce significantly.
Unfortunately Xenoestrogen is found almost everywhere – in plastic (plastic bottles), toothpaste, cans and in our foods. So try to consume as much of organic foods as you possibly can, and use organic cleaning products for your household.
Tip#6: Intense Exercise
- Intensive burst like exercises not only increase your HGH or Growth Hormone levels, they are help increase testosterone levels. Don't overdo your exercise regimen as too much intense training can elevate your cortisol levels. This can actually lead to a decreased level of testosterone hormone in the body.
- Try to keep your training sessions to about hour if possible.
- Weight lifting as opposed to aerobic exercises can help you to naturally boost the testosterone level in your body .
Tip#7: Manage your stress
- A high level of stress can also lead to increased cortisol levels, which in turn, can lead to Low T levels. Learn about the normal range of testosterone in men. Normal testosterone levels in men.
- Excessive stress can also lead to low t symptoms like depression, which can worsen the condition.
- Try to manage stress by practising meditation and relaxation techniques, getting massages and taking yoga.
Tip #8: Have sex frequently
- Erection cause more testosterone to be secreted into the body. A satisfying intercourse can rejuvenate your mind and body, and it can also act as a great stress buster.
- German scientists have found that morning sex is good for your testosterone levels.
Tip#9: Take natural supplements that boost androgens
Zinc, amino acids and vitamin D are considered to be extremely essential for testosterone production. L-Arginine, glutamine and others are well-known for helping with testosterone synthesis. So you can consider such natural supplements to promote the level of testosterone in the body.
Try the tips to treat low T naturally and see if you notice improvements. If not, you may need to see a testosterone specialist to check your hormone levels.
Tip#10: Get your T levels tested
If you think you might be testosterone deficient, don't hesitate to contact an HRT clinic, urology doctor or hormone specialist to get your testosterone levels tested. Testosterone Testing. If your levels are low, you may be treated with a variety of testosterone treatment options. Testosterone deficiency can be treated by: Intramuscular injections, generally every week, or every two or three weeks (cypionate, enanthate and propionate injections); Testosterone transdermal patch worn either on the body or on the scrotum; Testosterone gel or cream; Testosterone pellet inserted under the skin; Mucoadhesive buccal gum material applied above the teeth twice a day.
Enhancing Mood and Sexual Confidence
Beyond boosting testosterone levels and normalizing estrogen levles to improve sexual desire, the hormone Oxytocin may be administered as it produces sexual mood in men and women. Oxytocin is a natural hormone secreted by the brain and it is instrumental for boosting sexual confidence and sexual enjoyment including the ability to have an orgasm. Some men may have low oxytocin levels which together with low androgen levels or too much estrogen can reduce men's sexual desire or ability to function sexually. Oxytocin is known as the intimacy hormone because it supports empathy for others enabling men to share their emotions and feeling with their partner. It works together with and balances Testosterone which tends to increase aggression while producing a feeling of enthusiasm, euphoria, ambition and drive. 0xytocin increases a man's empathy while improving a man's ability to cope with stress and manage sexually charged emotional issues.
Read more about Testosterone Treatment Options for Men
Low T search terms:
- treating low testosterone naturally
- how to treat low testosterone in men naturally
- natural way to treat low testosterone
- natural ways to treat low T
- natural ways to treat low testosterone
- what are natural ways to treat low testosterone
Related Testosterone posts:
Male HRT Resources
- Physician's Organization Site Map - Physician's Organization Site Map
- Testosterone Prescriptions - Get a Prescription for Testosterone
- Testosterone Doctors Clinics - Local Testosterone Centers
- Testosterone Injectables - Buy Testosterone Injections
- Testosterone Injections for Sale - Real Testosterone Injections
- Human Growth Hormone Therapy - HGH Treatment for Men and Women
- HRT Benefits & Results - Results of Using HGH and Testosterone
- Anti-Aging Clinics - Anti-Aging Treatment Clinics
- Testosterone Info & Help - Low Testosterone Help and Information
- Local Testosterone and HGH Doctors near you - HGH and Testosterone Doctor Clinics
- Local Low T Clinics near me - Low T and HGH Treatment Centers
- Low T Therapy Prescriptions Online for Men - Low T Prescription for Men
- Male Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men - Testosterone Replacement for Men
- What is the Cause of Low Testosterone - Causes of Low Testosterone in Men
- Why is Testosterone Prescribed by Doctors - Why Doctor's Prescribe Testosterone
- Low T Treatments for Men with Andropause - Low T Treatment for for Men
- Low Testosterone Therapy Experts for Men - Low T Therapy Doctors Clinics
- How do I increase my testosterone level? - How do I Increase my Testosterone level?
- Low T Treatment and Growth Hormone Therapy Resource Guide - Low T Treatment and Growth Hormone Therapy Resource
- Testosterone Boosting Tips & Advice for Men - Tips and Advice on How to Boost Low Testosterone
- How to Repair and Fix Low Testosterone Levels? - How to Repair Low Testosterone Levels
- How to get Testosterone prescribed by your Doctor? - How to get Testosterone prescribed?
- Andropause Treatment for Men with Low T - Andropause Treatment for Men with Low T
- Testosterone Treatments for Women's Health - Testosterone Therapy for Women
- What is the Price of Testosterone Hormones? - What is the Price of Testosterone Hormones?
- Best Place to get Real Testosterone Online? - Best Place to Buy Testosterone
- Learning about the Human Growth Hormone - Learning about HGH the Human Growth Hormone
- Low T Specialists Urologists & Endocrinologists - Low T Doctors - Urology Doctors & Endocrinologists
- Testosterone Forum, Low T Reviews and Comments - Testosterone Forum, Low T Reviews and Ratings
- Testosterone Physicians Medical Organization - About the Testosterone Physicians Medical Organization
Global Report on TRT - Testosterone Replacement Therapy
HGH Sales - Where to buy Human Growth Hormone Online?
Patients Ask - where to Buy Real HGH Online Safely and with Confidence
How to get HGH prescribed by your doctor? The best way to get prescription HGH Injections.
IMPORTANT: NO HORMONE PRESCRIPTION WILL BE PROVIDED UNLESS A CLINICAL NEED EXISTS BASED ON REQUIRED LAB WORK, PHYSICIAN CONSULTATION, PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND CURRENT MEDICAL HISTORY. PLEASE NOTE, AGREEING TO LAB WORK AND PHYSICAL EXAM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A FINDING OF CLINICAL NECESSITY AND A PRESCRIPTION FOR HORMONE THERAPY, HORMONE REPLACEMENT TREATMENT OR PRESCRIPTION HORMONE MEDICATIONS INCLUDING TESTOSTERONE, HCG AND HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE (HGH INJECTIONS). These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. No claim or opinion on the TestosteroneTherapy.org website is intended to be nor should it be construed to be medical advice or hormone diagnosis. Please consult with a healthcare professional before starting any therapeutic program including HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- What causes testosterone deficiency?
- What are the symptoms of testosterone deficiency or LOW T
- What changes occur in the body due to testosterone deficiency?
- How do I find out if I have a testosterone deficiency?
- How is testosterone deficiency treated
- What is the cost of testosterone programs?
- Where do I find a good testosterone doctor or clinic?
- Where can I get testosterone treatment online?
- Who shouldn't take testosterone replacement therapy?
- What are the side effects of testosterone replacement therapy?
COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW TO SCHEDULE A FREE TESTOSTERONE CONSULTATION
Testosterone Therapy Medical Team
Dr. George Ibraheim
Dr. John Wolf
Rose Zegarra, PA-C