Testosterone is an Essential Hormone for a Man's Health.
Testosterone & Men's Health
Testosterone Replacement for Men
Testosterone is the most important male sex hormone. It helps men produce a healthy sex drive and properly maintain a man's muscle, weight and bone strength. Low levels of testosterone directly affect a man’s sex drive, ability to sleep, weight, energy level and mood. About 5 million American men have low testosterone.
Low Testosterone can be treated with testosterone hormone replacement therapy to increase energy, restore sex drive, burn fat, build muscle mass, lose weight, improve sleep and mood.
With over 18,000 patients our Male Hormone Centers offer the best pricing and clinical support for Testosterone Therapy
To get your Testosterone Treatment at the best price, fill out the Quick Info Form or call our Hormone Replacement Hotline @ 1-888-663-1777
In a addition to loss of sexual desire, some men with low testosterone have hot flashes, increased irritability, inability to concentrate, memory loss, sadness, withdrawal and depression. Men with severely low testosterone may lose body hair and muscle mass. They experience extraordinary weight gain and their bones may be more prone to fracture. Their testes may become smaller and softer. Testosterone is required in order to have and maintain an erection.
Low testosterone can cause erectile dysfunction. However, diseases of the nerves and blood vessels can also affect the penis and cause erectile dysfunction.
The level of testosterone in a male’s body changes throughout the day and is highest in the morning which is why healthy men have morning erections. If you are no longer experiencing morning erections, have softer erections or are unable to maintain an erection - you may have Low T and should get tested.
Below are some of the main signs and symptoms of male testosterone deficiency.
Signs of low testosterone in adult men may include:
- Decreased sex drive or loss of libido.
- Loss of morning erections or softer erections.
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Inability to recover from exercise.
- Decreased energy bordering on fatigue.
- Excessive weight gain around the belly.
- Lowered sperm count and poorer quality of sperm.
- Flabby muscles and increased breast size.
- Loss of bone mass or osteoporosis.
- Sleep problems or insomnia.
- Sadness, shyness or depression.
- Bursts of anger, irritability and moodiness.
- Loss of memory and difficulty concentrating.
What causes Low T?
Causes Associated with Low Testosterone
Low levels of testosterone are linked with aging. As a man ages, his body makes less testosterone. A lower level of testosterone in older men is sometimes called “andropause.”
As we age, it is normal for men to have less interest in sex. However, it is abnormal for a man to have absolutely no interest in sex. This could be caused by significantly low levels of testosterone.
Damage to the cells of the testes can cause low testosterone. This kind of damage can be a result of
- Inflammation of the testicles
- Testicular cancer
- Radiation therapy or chemotherapy used
to treat testicular cancer
Certain genetic diseases cause low testosterone. Abnormalities in chromosomes, the genetic materials of the body, cause genetic diseases. For example, myotonic dystrophy causes testicular failure between the ages of 30 and 40.
It is normal for men to have less interest in sex as they get older. It is also normal for older men to have less spontaneous erections.
Men with less sex drive, erectile dysfunction, reduced sperm count, decrease in muscle size or other signs of low testosterone should have a blood test to find out their testosterone level.
Normal testosterone levels are 300 to 1,200 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl). Testosterone levels are usually highest early in the morning. Doctors often measure it at that time.
The doctor’s main concern is to find out if there is a disease causing low testosterone. If not, it may be an extreme case of low testosterone due to aging.
You can help your doctor in the diagnosis of Low T by providing a detailed and accurate medical history. To get your medical history, the doctor will ask about:
- Your past or present illnesses
- All prescription and nonprescription drugs you are taking
- Any sexual problems you are having
- Recent events that may have caused you stress
Many adult aging men with low testosterone report improved energy levels, increase in sex drive, weight loss and enhanced mood after a regimen of testosterone treatment. If your testosterone is low, replace it.
A low testosterone level may indictae a need for treatment. Testosterone replacement therapy has very few side effects, and the benefits can be enormous for a man suffering from low t.
If you have symptoms of low testosterone and your blood levels that confirm low t is causing your symptoms - you should consider testosterone replacement. Talking with a hormone replacement doctor who specializes in testosterone replacement is the best way to know if testosterone therapy is right for you.
Low Testosterone? Get Personalized Treatment for Your Condition
Testosterone levels naturally decline in men as they age over time and symptoms may appear gradually. Take a low t blood test to find out of your symptoms are caused by a testosterone deficiency.
If your hormone level test show you have a low testosterone level, your doctor may suggest testosterone treatment in the for of injections, gel, cream, patch, or pellet. There are millions of men across the USA who have low testosterone levels but don't get their symptoms check and get no treatment for low t.
Forms of Testosterone Treatment
Testosterone replacement therapy is available in a variety of forms and delivery methods all can help boost and improve your testosterone levels:
- Testosterone Dermal Patches (transdermal): Androderm® and Testoderm® is a skin patch worn on the arm or upper body. It's applied once a day.
- Testosterone Gels: AndroGel® and Testim® come in packets of clear testosterone gel. Testosterone is absorbed directly through the skin when you apply the gel once a day. AndroGel, Axiron, and Fortesta also come in a pump that delivers the amount of testosterone prescribed by your doctor.
- Testoserone Adhesive Gum: Striant® is a tablet that sticks to the upper gums above the incisor, the tooth just to the right or left of the two front teeth. Applied twice a day, it continuously releases testosterone into the blood through the oral tissues.
- Testosterone Injections: (Highly Effective TRT): Testosterone can also be injected directly into the muscles (intramuscular injection), Pfizer® Depo-Testosterone®:, Paddock® Testosterone, Sandoz® Testosterone and Watson® Testosterone.
- Testosterone Pellets: Testosterone can be implanted as pellets in the soft tissues, usually the buttocks. Your body slowly absorbs the testosterone into your bloodstream in a balnced steady way.
- Testosterone Pills: Oral testosterone is available but many male hormone physicians believe oral testosterone can have negative effects on the liver. Using other methods, such as injections, dermal skin patches, gels, oral gums that disintegrating slowly, or pelleta bypasse the liver and gets testosterone into the blood directly.
Benefits of Testosterone Therapy
You can expect a lot from boosting your testoserone lebvels with testosterone treatment? Many men taking testosterone report improvement in energy level, sex drive, frequency of sex, quality of sperm and quality of erections.
Testosterone also increases lean muscle mass, bone density, helps decrease fatty adipose tissue to lose weight and get back in shape, boost stamina and endurance, ehance mood and sense of well-being.
Importantly, men experience improvement in their professional and intimiate relationships due to a restoraton of their desire, enthusiasm for daily living and a good mood from testosterone replacement.
Find a hormone doctor that specializes in testosterone deficiency, get tested and get treatment - we believe you will be ecstatic about your body's positive response to testosterone therapy.
Visit one of our Male Anti-Aging Testosterone Centers - Male Anti-Aging Testosterone Clinics